The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) advised on Saturday, Oct. 7, Filipinos in Israel to take specific precautionary safety measures after the Israeli government declared a “State of War” following the surprise attack of Palestinian group Hamas.
In an advisory released by the DMW, it states that it is now coordinating with the Philippine Embassy in Tel-Avivand the Migrant Workers Office – Israel (MWO) to ensure the safety of the Filipinos.
“Filipinos in Israel are advised to take specific precautionary safety measures and follow the instructions provided by the Israeli Homefront Command,” the advisory read.
Currently, it said Filipino community (FilCom) leaders are in touch with their members and reported that they remain calm and are accounted for.
But at least one one OFW family has sought assistance and the DMW said it has already contacted the concerned OFW: “She is safe and sound.”
“FilCom leaders remain in contact with the Philippine Embassy and MWO,” the DMW said.
Israel declared a “State of War” after Hamas gunmen launched a surprise gun attack that so far left 20 people dead, according to international news reports
Thousands of rockets were also launched from the Gaza strip that hit several areas in Israel.
The DMW said it set a 24/7 Task Force Israel Desk for OFWs in Israel and their families in coordination with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA):
Hotline +63 2 1348 or the following WhatsApp and Viber nos: +63 9083268344 | +63 9271478186 | +63 9205171059.