By JOAHNA LEI CASILAO, GMA Integrated News
Alpha Assistenza SLR, the agency that is being linked to a recruitment scam that has reportedly victimized at least 68 individuals, on Thursday vowed to cooperate with the ongoing government probe.
“My client is willing to participate in the investigation, ongoing. That’s all I can say right now and my client is willing to answer in the proper forum,” Atty. Charlie Pascual, the legal counsel of Krizelle Respicio, the firm’s owner, said in an ambush interview at the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Numerous victims sought the help of the DOJ last month saying they were allowed to pay the fee of 3,000 euros or P180,000 on an installment basis for their work permits.
However, when the victims submitted the supposed permits they obtained to the Italian Embassy for the processing of their work visa, their application was denied.
Pascual said he met with Justice Secretary Jesus to manifest the agency’s intention to participate in the ongoing investigation.
“Yun lamang po [that’s all]. She’s been receiving too much from some media entities, medyo hindi na niya kaya [she can’t handle it anymore]. So I said to her, we have to come out to the open and clear your name,” he said.
Pascual reiterated that Respiscio is not involved in any recruitment.
“The story will come out, the truth will come out,” he said.
Alpha Assistenza previously said that the facilitation and processing of application documents in the Philippines were first undertaken by a hired liaison. It said the liaison had processed more than 85 clients.
The agency also said that the liaison supposedly collected monies from the applicants in the guise of additional fees without their knowledge. —KBK, GMA Integrated News